Friday, November 6, 2009

Toddler Play Time with Nursery Rhymes

This weeks nursery rhyme was:
An apple a day
Sends the doctor away

Apple in the morning
Doctor's warning

Roast apple at night
Starves the doctor outright

Eat an apple going to bed
Knock the doctor on the head

Three each day, seven days a week
Ruddy apple, ruddy cheek
We spent much of the week doing an art project around the apple and the tree it grows on. We made the seasons of an apple tree craft. Throughout the week we also sang the "Days of the Week" song, and Emmy did some counting apples books from enchanted learning.


Our first tree was a fall tree. I went looking for some yellow, orange and red leaves to cut up instead of construction paper BUT OUR LEAVES ARE GONE!! I did find some nice red ones that we used but the orange and yellow were construction paper.

Here is Emmy and her fall tree.
The next day we did winter. So I went out and grabbed some twigs and dug up some cotton balls.
Emmy rolling her "snow".
Gluing some snow on the ground. Yuck - won't be long. We actually had some snow on the car over night.
This is Emmy crinkling some tissue paper to make spring green colored leaves for our spring tree.
Finally we used our fingers to make leaves for the summer apple tree.
Fall construction paper / real leaf tree.
Winter twig and cotton ball tree.
Spring tissue paper of green and white (for leaves and blossoms).
Summer finger painted leaves and finger tip painted apples.
Didn't they turn out nice? You should see our dining room wall right now. What a gallery!!

1 comment:

The Parenti Family said...

I love all of the hands on stuff you girls do!! That's great !!!
Have a fun weekend!! I know I will get some relaxing done (after I clean the house that is.. ugh..) the teacher I work for has been out sick for TWO weeks!! I am EXHAUSTED!!!! (I'm hearing "Mrs. Jen... Mrs. Jen in my sleep!!!) hopefully next week will be better!!!
Talk to you soon!!!
love,
Jenny