Monday, November 23, 2009

Reptile Art

We have been learning about animals lately and I thought we should do some art based around different types of animals. The first one we attempted was the reptile. I found a reptile print online and Georgia traced it on to some heavier paper for me.
Then the girls helped me to do a fact sheet about reptiles to go along with our artwork.
We gathered our supplies which consisted of two different colored dried beans, lentils, peas (etc), glue and the traced picture. In our cupboard we found some lentils and some split peas so we used those.
The girls put some glue on and then glued the dried lentils/peas on.
It turned out wonderfully. I can't wait to try another animal!

1 comment:

heavenly bliss said...

Awesome job girls! It looks very real. Love Dad