Wednesday, June 16, 2010

painted turtle

Driving home from an appointment yesterday I spotted this painted turtle in the road. I can't for the life of me drive by them so I always move them to the ditch or in this case bring them home for some studying.
After a LONG while Mr. Eastern Painted Turtle popped his head out. This elicited an uproar from the girls because they waited soooooo long. You should have heard them when he took 1/2 step!!
We put him down in our creek after a while.
Almost immediately he was happy to get rid of our company and wallow in the mud.
He felt very safe behind this week, under our bridge. Maybe we'll see him again. Maybe I should have carved a "Jenny loves Brad" in his shell! Thanks for all the excitement Mr. Turtle. I asked the girls later on some questions based on there observations and Emmy insisted that YES, he was soft and furry and cuddly? I guess maybe in her eyes he was a cute turtle but that wasn't the answer I was looking for!

1 comment:

The Parenti Family said...

How funny Jenny, I do the same thing too! (moving a turtle when I see one in the road..) they almost always pee all over the place when I pick them up too.. haha! :)