Wednesday, August 4, 2010

War of 1812 Grand Tactical

Along with hosting Funny Cide this weekend Sackets was also hosting the War of 1812 Grand Tactical. It looked REALLY cool. Tents all over the place, people walking along the streets in period clothing, boatmen preparing their swords for battle....etc.
So after seeing Funny Cide we walked around and I thought about going but then thought twice because the kids were hot, cranky and hungry.
I said we'll put it on the calendar for next year and definitely go.
LITTLE DID I KNOW IT WAS A TRAVELING GROUP(s) THAT WILL NOT BE BACK NEXT YEAR! DIFFERENT PLACES HOST THEM EACH YEAR!! Poo
Dang it. I really wished we had gone. I'll have to keep my eye out for other sites that are hosting the groups and go if any are near here in the future. If you have an opportunity I suggest you going because even from the outskirts it looked amazing.

No comments: