Friday, February 12, 2010

Our Lady of Lourdes craft

I had been thinking about a craft to celebrate Our Lady of Lourdes and came up with this. I took a milk jug and cut an oval into it. Then sent the kids to the driveway for small stones!
I found a pretty picture of Mary and Bernadette (see below) and taped The Blessed Mother inside the jug. VERY CAREFULLY I put hot glue so the kids could press a stone into it.
Here it is. I wish we had enough to go around a little more but the bigger stones weren't sticking very well. Now I know little flat ones work the best!
We all stood around our shrine and did this whole ceremony together. We read about each of apparitions and thoroughly enjoyed spending time around our little shrine.

1 comment:

The Parenti Family said...

Beautiful!!
Have a good weekend and a happy Valentine's day!! Your cards will be late.. so sorry! We had them all done up early and Eric sends the mail for us.. I borrowed his truck to go to the farm last night and there sat your cards on his seat!! (along with both sets of grandparents!!) yikes!!
We'll be thinking of you all though!
love
Jenny and family :)