Saturday, July 5, 2008

"The Best Independence Day Ever"

Well I am almost done with the picnic quilt. I was going to be done but I have decided to figure out some top-stitching. I can't wait to use it.
We didn't go to see the fireworks last night because we are traveling early tomorrow to my Aunt Tricia's house for my Grandfather's 80th birthday party. Instead, we stayed home and watched "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS. Here are the kids dancing to Huey Lewis and the News!




Finally the fireworks were on. The kids really enjoyed them. To top the night off one of our neighbors had a 30 minute fireworks display too!! We sat in the kids bedroom window and cheered and clapped. It was a surprisingly great time. The kids kept saying "This is the best Independence Day EVER!" Maybe we'll stay home again next year!!

No comments: