Thursday, February 3, 2011

Candlemas

Well we didn't make it to Mass because of the weather but we did celebrate with our own ceremony here at home. We made some crepes for lunch. (Not actual crepes. Real crepes were my plan but then after reading the recipe I realized you had to leave the batter for a couple hours....so I just made some runny pancakes!)
We then made a candle to be our candlemas candle, blessed it and did a little ceremony. We read the presentation story, and reenacted Mary and Joseph's visit to the temple.

Daddy played Simeon BUT he wouldn't let me take his picture.

Mary and Joseph presenting the Baby Jesus.
Hope you all survived the storm. It wasn't as bad as they predicted for here but it did snow and blow all day. I have drifts in the yard that are above my waist. I found that out this morning when it was my turn to take care of the horses!

No comments: