Monday, January 24, 2011

The things I do for Uncle Bobby

Can you guess??
Well apparently Uncle Bobby wanted to see what boiled water looks like when you throw it up in the air at -30. Mom was talking to him last night on the phone and told him this is what Russell spent the day doing yesterday. I can see why he spent the day doing it. It is quite addicting. So here is the video: Please just disregard the loony bird in the hat and bathrobe.

I learned very quickly NOT to try to throw a boiling pot of water with your left hand (or right hand....tried it) while trying to take a picture with your right hand(or left hand....tried it). Doing so causes the water to take a backwards trajectory, and may cause second degree burning in a scatter pattern all over your body! The best way to do it is to have someone else take the pictures, have an adult throw the pot of water and immediately back away. Believe me I'm speaking from experience. I'm going to look like I have chicken pox for a while I'm afraid!

So here's to you Uncle Bobby and family. After the 100th time boiling, asking Brad if he was "ready", and running out to throw it, this is what we ended up with.

A taste of life in upstate NY!! Don'tca miss it?

No comments: