Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras celebration

My Georgia at her birth minute yesterday morning!
We had a little Mardi Gras parade yesterday and to prepare for our parade we made masks with the help of DLTK-Kids. Emeline was most excited to use markers that she normally isn't allowed to touch. They say washable but someone made a mistake because they aren't!

Josie making a great mask.
Georgia's very intricate design.
Abracadabra here they are. Awesome huh?

I love yours Emmy. I glued the template onto a Honey Bunches of Oats cereal box and most of the time that is the side that she displayed. I did get one snap of her decorated side.
Ash Wednesday
Father, let not my piety be my snare. Let my sin be ever before my eyes, that I may rely wholly on your goodness, and never my own; through Christ our Lord, amen.
Spend fifteen minutes or more praying the holy name of Jesus.

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa H. said...

They sure are "awesome!!!"
XXXXX

The Parenti Family said...

Very cute masks girls!! I LOVE the feathers!!! It looks like you had a very happy birthdy Georgia!! We thought of you on your special day!! I hope your card made it to you in time. It was the first thing Sarah did when she woke up the day we sent it (she wasn't even out of bed yet... you are loved!!!) We miss you terribly...
What a gorgeous slide-show of you.
Love to you all!
love,
--Jenny P.

Theresa said...

WOW those Masks ARE fabulous!!! You girls must have put alot of time into them. They turned out GREAT!!

Jessie Mae said...

Those masks came out really neat. You girls look like you belong in a parade!