Monday, May 3, 2010

starting seeds

The girls are going to start a flower garden this year. We are just getting our seeds in so it might be late blooming but they will have fun just the same. They spent some time planning and drawing it out. We'll see how close they come.
Emmy enjoyed discovering seeds again. She couldn't believe them to be exact. How can that little thing turn into a flower. It will be fun to watch her. Her seeds in a baggie experiment worked this time and she keeps telling me there is a worm in the baggie when it is actually the first root or radicle as Emmy learned it is named.

They mixed our seed starter in a bucket oh joy.
I've learned from experience NOT to think the seeds I start will make it into the ground because they ALWAYS get dumped. I am trying to avoid that by putting them in some containers this year. We'll see!
Jo started Alyssum in a pot she painted. Look how proud she it! It's just one of those things that could go wrong. I hope they grow!!!!

1 comment:

The Parenti Family said...

good luck with your seeds!! I bet they will grow beautifully!!
love,
Jenny